Saturday, November 5, 2011

Post Birthday X Rico's Lechon Cebu

I am happy today, forgive me if I will be blogging my post birthday celebration that was held last November 4, 2011 exactly 11pm. =)
'Twas a simple celebration, we had a medium-sized Lechon Cebu [roasted pig in Cebu, PI] which was ordered from Rico's Lechon in Talamban. We also had Dinugu-an [stewed internal organs of the pig-FYI,its exotic], we had a tray of Mango Float, Ice cream, 3 trays of carbonara and rice. And they bought me a little round cake with my name on it. So sweet of them [insert sappy face here].

Tara made me the birthday banner.
Photo from Sony Cybershot DSC-W520

Party food
This is my second Lechon Cebu and Rico's Lechon is the best lechon Cebu by far. It is soooooo tasty to the bone. LITERALLY! 

Photo from Sony Cybershot DSC-W520
The team surprised me with a birthday cake =)
Photo from Sony Cybershot DSC-W520
IFP WXVIII
Photo from Sony Cybershot DSC-W520

 Anyhoo, this blog is all about Lechon Cebu.
I consider Lechon Cebu as one of the world's YUMMIEST Lechon, and as the great Anthony Bourdain [a great chef, a grumpy sharp-tongued host of No Reservations,  best-selling author public speaker, weary world traveler, gourmand, punk-rock aficionado, proud New Yorker and, most recently, doting father] once said “Speaking of pig? It can now be said that of all the whole roasted pigs I've had all over the world, the slow roasted lechon I had on Cebu was the best. This puts the standings in the Hierarchy of Pork as follows: 
#1 Philippines; 
#2 Bali; 
#3 Puerto Rico…” 

The Lechon that i ordered was from Rico's Lechon, located at 
Highway 77, Talamban, Cebu City, PH.
How to get there

Mr. Enrico V. Dionson, the propreitor of Rico's Lechon invented the first SPICY lechon making your lechon smokin' hot! And dishes up their non-spicy lechon with garlic and leeks/spring onions [dahon ng sibuyas] ONLY! Now, their secret is how these two ingredients make up a very delish lechon. Hmmm.
Spicy Lechon
I ordered the P3800 lechon which could feed 25-30 people, but I think I fed almost 40 people earlier. LOL




Photos print screened from Rico's Lechon website



Looking forward to trying the other famous Lechon Cebu such as CNT, Alejo's and Zubuchon so I can taste the difference.
You may visit Rico's Lechon Official Website HERE.

Enjoy your Saturday!


XX,
Aya
Disclaimer: All data provided on this site [www.readmyhappythoughts.blogspot.com] are for informational purposes only. This is a PERSONAL BLOG, all opinions expessed on this page are solely mine---not from anyone else, unless otherwise noted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com